We support a number of Gmail/Google Apps User and we think that the dynamic email feature is one that many of our users will find useful.
Details on the release below:
Dynamic email in Gmail becoming generally available on July 2, 2019
Earlier this year, we announced dynamic email in Gmail in beta. On July 2, 2019, this feature will become generally available and will launch on by default for all domains. This means that users will be able to access the feature unless you choose to disable it via the Google Admin console.
Why you’d use it
With dynamic email, you can easily take action directly from within the message itself, like RSVP to an event, fill out a questionnaire, browse a catalog or respond to a comment.
Take commenting in Google Docs, for example. Instead of receiving individual email notifications when someone mentions you in a comment, now, you’ll see an up-to-date thread in Gmail where you can easily reply or resolve the comment, right from within the message.
How to get started
- Admins: Determine whether your users can use dynamic email by navigating to Apps > G Suite > Settings for Gmail > User settings in the Admin console and selecting from the following options:
- Disable: This option will prevent users in your domain from receiving interactive emails.
- Enable now (beta): This option will enable dynamic email (currently in beta) immediately. The feature will remain enabled when it enters general availability on July 2, 2019.
- Enable when the feature is generally available: This is the default option and will enable dynamic email when this feature becomes generally available on July 2, 2019.
- End users: Once dynamic email in Gmail launches, users will begin seeing dynamic emails from senders who are sending dynamic emails., if you’ve enabled it. Additionally, users can also turn dynamic mail off for their individual account by following the steps in the Help Center. Note: The “display external images” setting must also be enabled in order for dynamic emails to be displayed.
This feature is currently only available in Gmail on the web, with mobile coming soon.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on July 2, 2019
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on July 2, 2019
G Suite editions
Available to all G Suite editions
On/off by default?
This feature will be ON by default beginning on July 2, 2019.
via G Suite Updates Blog http://bit.ly/2dnUHcD
June 10, 2019 at 12:37PM